In a dispute over the rights to use a passageway, the Land Court addressed the elements of extinguishing an easement of record and whether there
Englander & Chicoine, P.C. has an active practice in the Massachusetts Land Court with expertise in an array of land use and real property issues.
- Prosecute and defend claims involving adverse possession and easements by implication, prescription, or necessity.
- Review and analyze complex title issues including encumbrances or defects in title.
- Represent clients in property boundary disputes and construction disputes.
- Advise clients on zoning regulations.
- Assess and litigate claims involving registered land.
- Litigation of claim arising out of purchase and sale agreements.
- Represent landlords and tenants in eviction proceedings.
- Litigate in actions involving petitions to partition.
See also Real Estate Transactions